Information for Performers about the Open Stage
Want to perform on our Open Stage?
Fantasia is a celebration of Belly Dance in London.
We welcome all performers – whatever style you are dancing. Both soloists and groups or troupes are invited to join us. If you are a teacher or part of a performance group why not work on something to present here?
This is a great event to showcase your work to an appreciative audience ….. and enjoy the experience!
- to Book you need:
- to have booked for Fantasia – as a minimum a ‘Show and shop’ ticket and we ask performers to book at least one workshop to support the festival. Dancers with Superstar or VIP packages get priority booking.
- Thats it. We will sort you out a time slot on the open stage around when your workshops are. The later you leave booking, the less option of time slots there will be – and you may have to miss something else to perform.
- Essential Information
- Music needs to be under 4minutes 30 seconds
- I will need your music by 31st October 2022
- Music format: MP3 or M4a – do not send a link to google or spotify. We need the actual track. You need to either download and send to us by email to: email@example.com or post a CD with your track on it to: 41a Sunderland Road Villas, Gateshead, NE10 8HB
- If you know you will be using props, please let us know.
- The stage will be 6 metres wide by 4 metres deep with a Fantasia backdrop. There will not be a dance floor in front of the stage.
- The Open Stage runs from 12.30 to 17.00 with breaks. Please check the running order on arrival in case we have had to make any changes.
- There is a room to change in available all day – please have consideration for other performers using the space. This is not adjacent to the stage so you may want to cover your costume on the way through to the stage. Anything left in the room is at your own risk.
- We have asked for a set of ‘wings’ to be created on either side of the stage.
- ON THE DAY – when you arrive, please let reception know you are a performer. They will let you know where the changing room is, who is the stage manager etc.
- Please be ready and report to the Stage Manager 10 minutes before your performance slot.
- PHOTOGRAPHS / VIDEO – We have a professional photographer, taking photographs this year. And of course a videographer. You can order your photographs and video on the day.
Don’t forget to join our Fantasia Community on facebook