Information for Performers about the Open Stage
Want to perform on our Open Stage?
Fantasia is a festival to celebrate Belly Dance.
We welcome all performers – whatever style you are dancing. Both soloists and groups or troupes are invited to join us. If you are a teacher or part of a performance group why not work on something to present here?
This is a great event to showcase your work to an appreciative audience ….. and enjoy the experience!
Saturday 17th February 2024
Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4RL
Our main hall is beautiful with a raised stage, lots of space for seating and a semi circular balcony. It will be an amazing stage to perform on. You can see the hall here.
- to Book you need:
- to support the festival by booking 2 workshops and you will need a ticket for the Open stage show. Dancers with a superstar package get priority performance slots for solos.
- Thats it. We will sort you out a time slot on the open stage and let you know. The later you leave booking, the less option of time slots there will be – and you may have to miss something else to perform.
- BE WARNED: our Open stage is only 1.5 hours this year so performance spaces are limited.
- Essential Information
- Music needs to be under 4minutes 30 seconds
- I will need your music by 31st December 2023
- Music format: MP3 or M4a – do not send a link to google or spotify. We need the actual track. You need to either download and send to us by email to: email@example.com or post a CD with your track on it to: 41a Sunderland Road Villas, Gateshead, NE10 8HB
- If you know you will be using props, please let us know.
- The stage is 9 metres wide by 3.8 metres deep with a Fantasia backdrop.
- The Open Stage runs from 17.00 to 18.30 with breaks. Please check the running order on arrival in case we have had to make any changes.
- There is a room to change in available all day – please have consideration for other performers using the space. Anything left in the room is at your own risk.
- There are no wings – you enter through the back of the stage.
- ON THE DAY – when you arrive, please let reception know you are a performer. They will let you know where the changing room is, who is the stage manager etc.
- Please be ready and report to the Stage Manager 10 minutes before your performance slot.
- PHOTOGRAPHS / VIDEO – We have a professional photographer, taking photographs this year. We do not have anyone filming the show.
Don’t forget to join our Fantasia Community on facebook