Join the waiting list for our next course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course has a credit value of 9, which means there are approximately 90 hours of learning. These are a combination of tutored study, assignments, and one-to-one reviews, over three weekends. The course is spread across 9 months to allow time for home study and completion of assignments.
The course is suitable for
Those wishing to develop their teaching practice or considering beginning to teach. This course builds upon the content of the Safety, Music and the History and Culture courses, synthesizing a full and rounded range of background knowledge and teaching techniques. Participants in this course must have achieved a minimum dance technique level of Lower Intermediate, and have completed the three modules mentioned above.
What is included?
- Practical Teaching Skills and Concepts for Technique,
- Choreography, a variety of Dance Styles and for Improvisation
- Recognising and developing your own teaching persona
- How to teach Props
- Methods for the analysis of technique
- The art of observing students
- Student/Class management
- Course Planning (includes thinking about planning for your first term of beginners’ classes)
- Dance classes and individual tuition for the revision and development of technique and dance styles
- Networking and developing links for future success
- Building a portfolio of evidence for ONE Awards
If you are not quite of Intermediate Level yet and want to focus on this to prepare yourself for the course, join the Personal Development Programme
Venue: Various – 3 x residential weekends, Some in the North, some in the South.
Tutors: Josephine Wise, Kay Taylor, Raphaelle Masson, Gwen Booth & Claire Barnfather
Fees: Full cost available on application
To book, email: email@example.com. If you would like to book a free 20-minute mentoring session to discuss options, this can be in person, on the phone or via Skype, email us your request.
To attend this course you need to be registered on the BDN Teaching Diploma and have already completed the following courses:
Enquiries – contact Kay on:
Tel: 0796 627 0995
By enrolling for a course you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. Click here for details.